The past few weeks, it’s been raining non-stop over here, so I felt like chosing “rain” as a theme for my journal page.
I’d like to enter this page to Simon Says Stamp and Show Some Masking. This page involves several types of masking:
- I used torn paper as a mask for sponging the blue rectangle in the middle of my page
- I masked off the blue rectangle before stamping the water drops
- I created a mask for the umbrella before stamping the buildings as a background.
I came across quite a couple of journaling blogs, where we’ve been asked to choose 1 word to describe our goals in 2011. Well, mine would be ‘change’… Although, I was perfectly happy in 2010, there are a few things I would like to achieve this year (see also my 1st journal page). I think this journal page also perfectly fits the prompt that was offered by Rachel of ‘A year in the life of an art journal‘.
Again, I’ve been inspired by one sentence that’s a part of a song called “Solitary” by a band called VNV Nation. You can listen if you want:
- Umbrella man (left): Tim Holtz
- Buildings: Oxford Impressions
- Waterdrops: A Capella
- Umbrella man (right): Katzelkraft
- Various brands of letter stamps