I wasn’t entirely satisfied with my first attempt to create an altered playing card (here), so I gave it a second try.
I created the background using alchol inks. For the pumpkin (Inkadinkado) and the cobweb (Tim Holtz) I used an embossing resist technique. I stamped the pumpkin and the cobweb with Versamark and heat embossed them with clear embossing powder. I sponged around them with black stazon ink. I put the card between two sheets of paper and ironed it, to remove the clear embossing powder. I stamped the cobweb again with black Stazon just 1 mm next to the resist image, so as to create an image with more depth. I stamped the number 1 next to the printed 3 and stamped the word October (Oxford Impressions) with black Stazon. I really don’t like stamping with stazon, for it almost seems impossible to obtain a crisp stamped image… I finished off the card with melted drops of wax crayon.
This altered playing card is my second entry for the current challenge @ “cARTe à jouer“, but I’d also like to submit it to Macabre Monday’s “Freaker’s free for all” and Gingersnap Creations “Versamark”.