I had a great time in Drenthe! We also had a minor car accident, but don’t let us mention that. I just loved the workshops and I had a wonderful time with my boyfriend in the little house we rented in a Landal Park in Aalden. In the evenings we enjoyed sitting in front of the open fireplace, while everything outside was covered in snow. On Sunday we went for a long walk in the snow and I photographed the typical farm houses with plenty of stalactites hanging from their roofs. Really, they would be a perfect subject for a series of rubberstamps.
The workshop on Friday 8 January was hosted by Louise Kolker and involved making butterflies using 3 techniques:
- a resist technique with oil pastels + adirondack color wash (spray) & Smooch Spritz
- wiping out oil pastels with baby oil and adding a few splatters of metallic water paint
- a resist-technique with Teykol
The workshop on Saturday 9 January was hosted by Jeanette Blok and involved 3 techniques with Distress ink:
- wax paper + sponging distress ink
- messing with distress ink on a craft sheet
- using a water pen to colour images with distress ink.
Here are a few of the results, but I do have leftovers that I’ll be using in future projects.